What’s on in and around Eketahuna this month:
Eketahuna Mower Racing 2018 on 1st September 10.30 till finish, 37 Newman Rd. Gold coin to watch, all ages welcome, bring chairs and a blanket.
At Eketahuna Health centre;
- Menz Shed: Every 2nd Wednesday of the month.
- Morning Tea group: Every 3rd Tuesday of the month.
- Leaving the “nest” course: Do you have a young adult who is getting ready to leave the nest? We are offering a programme to help them work through, preparing meals on a budget, understanding a leasing/rental agreement, and tips on making their dollar “stretch”.
- Exercise and Activity Educator: Come and meet Jonathan van Klink, the new Exercise and Activity Educator for PHO.
- Annual General Meeting: Tuesday 18th September at 6pm
At the Eketahuna Bowls Club;
Lawn Bowls opening Day on Thursday 27th September at 1pm. Requirements – a flat sole pair of shoes Bowls provided. Any Questions please phone John Harman (President) 063708470 or Kevin Walker 027 6118333
At Eketahuna Inn;
Karaoke Joe will be entertaining at Eketahuna Inn on Friday September 28th from 7pm.
Learners Drivers Licence course on Mon 10th, Tue 11th, Wed 12th, and sit test Thurs 13th in the day time in Masterton at the AA.
- Time: 6.00pm – 9.00pm Must attend each night
- Where: Eketahuna Health Centre, 1 Bengston St, Eketahuna
- Cost:$120.00 (includes test fee)
- Enrol by: Calling into Eketahuna Health Centre 063758188
Eketahuna Our Town Committee
We are a registered charitable trust committee with the aim to promote and enhance our community. We also own and operate the Eketahuna Information Centre and facilitate a number of events in town throughout the year.
We meet on the second Thursday of each month at the St. Johns Hall. For more information, you can email Pauline Wilson
Eketahuna Community Board
This is a board made up of four elected members of the Eketahuna community. The Board is responsible for liaising with the Tararua District Council to assist in the planning for the future of Eketahuna.
The 2016-2019 Board Members are:
Chair – Charlie Death
Deputy Chair – Sharon Shannon
Board Member – Di Eagle
Board Member – Pauline Wilson
The board members are always happy to be contacted if you have any enquiries you may need help with. And for urgent issues there is the Tararua District council CRM system just phone 06 374 4080 available 24hrs a day.