What’s on in and around Eketahuna this month:
- Euchre Tuesday 6th of November at 7.30pm
- Housie 8th and 22nd of November at 7.30pm
- Darts on the second Tuesday each month, 13th November at 7 pm.
- The Eketahuna RSA will be holding a remembrance service on the 11th of November at the War Memorial Hall, 11am sharp. This is the 100th Anniversary of Armistice Day.
Eketahuna Health Centre
- Menz Shed: Every 2nd Wednesday of the month, next one 7th and 21st November
- Morning Tea group: Every 3rd Tuesday of the month, all are invited to converse and listen to our monthly speakers, 20th November (a raffle $1.00 a ticket, Morning Tea nibbles)
- Adult classes through Wairarapa Reap: Te Reo and Waiata Maori (Monday), Start-up Computer (Tuesday) and Te Reo Maori (Thursday), the first classes for the term of 2018, start Tuesday 23rd October to 4th December, Te Reo Maori, Thursday 25th October to 6th December, Te Reo Maori, Monday 29th October. Please contact Wai Reap for further details
- Exercise Programme for the Community: The Community are invited to attend an Exercise Programme from 9.15am, every Tuesday at the Health Centre with Jonathan van Klink, Exercise and Activity Educator from PHO.
Eketahuna Our Town Committee
We are a registered charitable trust committee with the aim to promote and enhance our community. We also own and operate the Eketahuna Information Centre and facilitate a number of events in town throughout the year.
We meet on the second Thursday of each month at the St. Johns Hall. For more information, you can email the Information Centre
Eketahuna Community Board
This is a board made up of four elected members of the Eketahuna community. The Board is responsible for liaising with the Tararua District Council to assist in the planning for the future of Eketahuna.
The 2016-2019 Board Members are:
Chair – Charlie Death
Deputy Chair – Sharon Shannon
Board Member – Di Eagle
Board Member – Pauline Wilson
The board members are always happy to be contacted if you have any enquiries you may need help with. And for urgent issues there is the Tararua District council CRM system just phone 06 374 4080 available 24hrs a day.