What’s on in and around Eketahuna this month:
At Eketahuna Health centre in August;
- Morning Tea Group meets again on Tuesday 21st August, from 10.00 am to 11.30/midday. Topic of discussion, “Old Jewellery”, bring a piece and share the story.
- Menz Shed meets again Wednesday 1st August, 15th August and 29th August from 9.30am to midday
- Sit n Be Fit starts back at EHC on Monday 23rd July, from 9.30am to 10.30am
- Reap Adult Night classes for Term 3 start next week with Te Reo Māori – Monday 30th July, from 7pm to 9pm
- Start-up Computers – Tuesday 31st July from 7pm to 9pm
- Te Reo Māori – Thursday 2nd August from 7pm to 9pm
Tennis Club AGM is on Wednesday 8th August at 7pm at the Eketahuna Inn all welcome. For more info call Kirsten 06 376 8313
Enjoy a fun night of trivia at the Eke Inn on Thursday 9th August at the 7.30pm.
- $5.00 Entry Per Person
- Teams of 2,3 or 4 people
- Cash Prizes
Learners Drivers Licence course on Mon 13, Tue 14, Wed 15 August and sit test Thur 16 in the day time in Masterton at the AA
- Time: 6.00pm – 9.00pm Must attend each night
- Where: Eketahuna Health Centre, 1 Bengston St, Eketahuna
- Cost:$120.00 (includes test fee)
- Enrol by: Calling into Eketahuna Health Centre 063758188
Eketahuna Our Town Committee
We are a registered charitable trust committee with the aim to promote and enhance our community. We also own and operate the Eketahuna Information Centre and facilitate a number of events in town throughout the year.
We meet on the second Thursday of each month at the St. Johns Hall. For more information, you can email Pauline Wilson
Eketahuna Community Board
This is a board made up of four elected members of the Eketahuna community. The Board is responsible for liaising with the Tararua District Council to assist in the planning for the future of Eketahuna.
The 2016-2019 Board Members are:
Chair – Charlie Death
Deputy Chair – Sharon Shannon
Board Member – Di Eagle
Board Member – Pauline Wilson
The board members are always happy to be contacted if you have any enquiries you may need help with. And for urgent issues there is the Tararua District council CRM system just phone 06 374 4080 available 24hrs a day.